24.7.09

Real Appeal...

Right after her gorge almond shaped Disney Princess-like eyes, two things really struck me about Doireann Gately; ONE she has a real individual sense of style and knowledge of fashion - name dropping real designers and not just the obligatory ones, and even the most current of top models. TWO she made it perfectly clear that she doesn’t fancy herself an ‘It’ girl, a known name, a top or glamour model. She has absolutely no pretenses about who or what she is, and that can be hard to come by in this town. Ms. Gately is currently enrolled at DCU and is going into her final year of an economics, politics & law degree. Doireann is a college student, a bright college student who happens to be very pretty and like fashion, so she makes some extra dosh on the side doing modeling and promotional work. Doireann is represented by Pose which I think fits perfectly as their slogan is “It’s beauty that captures your attention; personality that captures your heart.” She was just recently working on a campaign for the Nintendo Wii which took her to both London and Scotland. We had seen Doireann out and about many times. She always looked so polished and put together without really trying which is something we love but, her unaffected down to earth demeanor is the real clincher! When we got a few minutes with her we just had to ask some fashion and beauty questions and here is what she had to say; Are there any celebs out there whose style you really admire, who are your Fashion Icons? I love the way both[the model] Chanel Iman and [the actress] Rachel Bilson dress!

So when it is time for you to go shopping where do you head? Are there any big fashion houses or designer’s who looks and clothes you covet? My favourite shops are topshop and Urban Outfitters. I like Zara too and, if I had the money, I’d live in Anna Sui and Zac Posen! When you aren’t working, or studying, what do you like to do and where do you like you do it? I read a lot and do yoga, I love going shopping and going out for drinks. I love running in Phoenix park and bringing my dogs on walks.

Alright, we ask everyone this so we’ve got to get you too, 5 things you won’t leave the house without?; phone, keys, money, make up and hand cream!

FAV Cocktail? A Cosmo! Of course, why did we even ask!! You’re out shopping – perfume or lip gloss? Lip gloss! I have loads of them; the only perfume I ever wear is Chanel Chance. – Handbags or shoes? Handbags, I spend much more on bags than on shoes! Well there you go, a few little tidbits about a thoroughly enjoyable and gorgeous gal Miss Doireann Gately!