10.6.09

Lovin' Right Now

Everyone has those couple of things they find themselves obsessed with every now and again, a comfy shirt, a certain DVD, a brand of lippy, a hobby, whatever! They may come and go or they may be constant but everyone has a got a few! We asked the gorge Laura Toogood what she is “Lovin’ Right Now” and here is what she had to say;
Summer Sun Although it felt like I was running the mini marathon in a sauna, I just can’t begrudge sunny weather in Ireland! How nice to be able to leave the house in a pair of shorts and no coat, rather than having to wrap up in oodles of layers. During the recent hot spell so many people said to me; “If Ireland was like this all the time I would never go away on holiday”. I couldn’t agree more! Let us hope we get some more good weather during the next few months.

Running I have become hooked. This is a miracle considering I used to hate any form of running with a passion. Getting red, hot and sweaty never appealed to me. I’d much rather go swimming, walking or horse riding. However times have changed. After entering the mini marathon last year, I have since competed in another two 10K races. Now, it has to be said that the reason I love running so much is that it means you can really just eat what you like. It is far better than having to be on a constant diet. I am now running about 30K a week which works out at quite a few chocolate bars!

Guinness This is my favourite drink in the world. Nothing beats a nice cold pint of Guinness. It is truly exquisite. I need not say anymore! Fitflops These are a brilliant invention. I live in mine. They give you a workout while you walk! They are ultra comfortable and good for your posture whilst also designed to help you burn more calories than if you were wearing a normal shoe. I have a white pair so last night I put them in the washing machine as they have not been cleaned for about a year. This was a mistake as they are now a little short and puffy and resemble a mini Michelin man. So a little tip if you are going to invest a pair - keep them away from the washing machine! Lilies When they flower they look beautiful and smell divine. They do wonders for brightening up a room. However, another tip; if you are going to buy Lilies, avoid the pollen at all costs! Although they look beautiful they have an acid tongue: be ultra careful of brushing your clothes against the pollen because it stains clothes like mad.

...Well now I'm craving a pint, feel like I should go for a jog, want to go sandal shopping, am disappointed by the distinct lack of fresh flowers in the office and need a tan!

Thanks for sharing Miss Toogood! We love what you love and we just adore you!

Laura Toogod - Assets Model Agency