7.8.09

Model Spotlight... Nadia Forde

Every week I will post a feature on one of the country's more gorgeous and prominent young models that we all know and love. They'll answer questions on life, the industry, style and fashion as well as questions you would like to send in and have answered by a model! This week's spotlight is on the sweetest of ladies, Miss Nadia Forde!
Every week varies it normally consists of Presscalls/photocalls or shoots, Fashion on Ireland AM,events to attend...every day is different!So then, what would be the coolest thing you've done or place you've traveled to as part of modeling?
Oh that is a hard one!! I've travelled to really nice places like Germany and Marbella for shoots and of course all over Ireland! I was in Paris YEARS ago for a Hair Show, it was so beautiful! We even had a boat ride on the Seine river, it was so romantic even though all the guys I was working with there with weren't straight!!
Ladies within Ireland's modeling industry get a lot of press, and not just the photocalls they sign up for! Lately it seems like people focus a lot of attention on your character, and who you are as a person and in your private life, rather than the work you do. That must be tough at times, what do you think is the biggest misconception about you and models in general?
That we dont eat, we do....ALOT!!! ...People judge me before they meet me...
You are photographed out a lot, are you a party girl or actually a homebody who just happens to get snapped often?
I'm not a big party girl at all, although I love girly nights out. I love taking it easy on the weekend and having early nights in! I'm such a granny! Most of the nights out, I'm probably working at the event. What do you like to do when you aren't working, how or where do you go to chill out?
I love removing my makeup!! On most days off I'm just vegging out catching up on cheesy programmes that I love like 'Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?'and I also watch 'Ghost Whisperer' and of course 'The Hills'...I also sleep loads, probably too much!!
Being so beautiful, and a model, you must get loads of attention, how does your boyfriend deal with that? Is he supportive of your modeling? Yes, he is so supportive. He actually playfully jokes with me about some of my more lighthearted shoots and he is really laid back about my lingerie and swimwear shoots. He understands it is a job. It's nice to relax with him on days off and not have all the hair and makeup done. Anything exciting coming up for you -work or otherwise- that you are really looking forward to?Alot of my work is last minute or is only organised a day or two in advance so I dont even know whats coming up next! I love all the jobs though, big or small.
What is the most LUXE item in your personal wardrobe? I have few pairs of expensive shoes so they would prob be the most 'LUXE' and a few dresses but, I live in my jeans!!
Ok here are some quick silly rapid fire questions that I love to get everybody with!
5 Things You Will Not Leave the House Without?
-Baby wipes!!Im addicted to them they are the best invention ever!!-
-My phone-
-Purse-
-Makeup bag (if I'm going to a job)-
-Pair of Ballet Pumps-
FAV place in the whole wide world?
The Ritz in Wicklow, it feels like your in a different country when your down there it really is amazing! FAV smell
New car smell or, I love mens aftershave more then womens perfume!
FAV junk food
Rich tea biscuits!!Ben and Jerry's choc fudge brownie/choc fudge cake
FAV cocktail
Rasberry Collins
FAV Lipgloss "Mac 'BigKiss'

How do you stay in Shape? Aoife 15 Co.Kerry

I'm really lazy when it comes to working out but I try go for a walk 2 or 3 times a week, and I dont eat bread its so bad for your stomach...its so hard to resist sometimes though!!

How do I get my makeup to stay all day long without smearing? Monica 16 Dingle I use alot of Mac Studio Fix Powder to keep my makeup in place and DUO EyeLash Glue is really strong to keep lashes secure.
Which products do you use to keep your face clear?Sharon 15 Limerick
I try use as little as possible. The less chemicals and simpler the product, the better for my skin. But everyones skin is different, it's best to stick to what works for you, No7 Repair and Protect is a great moisturiser for many skin types. www.misslili.net - photos Lili Forberg Next week we will spend a little time with the FAB Suzanne McCabe! Can't Wait!